Usage Policy – Block Explorer
User Generated Content: In some cases, ColoredCoins may allow you to share content you created with others. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, the term “Content” shall refer to:
templates you created through the ColoredCoins protocol, your Asset’s logo and description, images you publish through the Platform, messages you transmit over the ColoredCoins protocol and metadata you store through the ColoredCoins Protocol.
- License To Use: You hereby license ColoredCoins an irrevocable, permanent, unlimited, world-wide, royalty-free, sublicensable, non-exclusive license to use your Content and to allow users to use your Content according to the functionality of the ColoredCoins protocol, all as required by the functionality of the ColoredCoins protocol.
- Warranty: You hereby warrant that you are either the sole proprietor or a designated licensee of any Content you submit through ColoredCoins protocol and that no other party’s rights are infringed or violated by using the Content through the ColoredCoins protocol. You moreover warrant that no legal claim, dispute or lawsuit was filed or threatened against you or for using the Content.
- Trademarks: If your Content contains a trademark, then you hereby license ColoredCoins an irrevocable, permanent, unlimited, world-wide, royalty-free, sublicensable, non-exclusive license to use and display any trademarks associated with your Content according to the functionality of the ColoredCoins protocol.
- Prescreen: You acknowledge that ColoredCoins cannot pre-screen all Content, but that it shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the ColoredCoins protocol.
- Disclosure of Content: You acknowledge and agree that ColoredCoins may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these terms; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ColoredCoins, its users, and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Content through the ColoredCoins protocol, may involve: (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- Harmless: You agree and warrant to hold ColoredCoins and its users harmless and to immediately indemnify ColoredCoins or its users for any claim of copyright infringement, trademark dilution or patent infringement arising from their use of your Content according to these terms.
- Notifications: Should you encounter any Content which you believe to be in violation of any of your rights, good name or copyrights, please file an infringement complaint to ColoredCoins’s Content Officer at contact@ColoredCoins.org. ColoredCoins’s officer shall examine your complaint and shall forward it to the user who published said Content for his answer. Should your complaint be false, harassing or in order to prevent legal use of service, you shall bear all liability to compensate the user which you reported as infringing and/or ColoredCoins. In your complaint you will be required to inform us with: (i) a written statement regarding which Content infringes your rights and proof that you hold those rights; (ii) what is the exact location or identifier of the Content; and (iii) notification that you believe that the use made by the Content is not considered fair-use, criticism, consumer protest or any other protected speech.
- Moderation: Pursuant to any notification of infringement, and promptly thereafter, ColoredCoins shall moderate the Content and review your request; ColoredCoins shall notify the user who posted the Content on your complaint, including your information and request his response.
- Removal or Restoration: Should the user who posted the content fail to respond within 96 hours, ColoredCoins shall remove the Content; had he responded, ColoredCoins shall inspect his response and had there any material questions of fact or law arise, shall forward his personal information directly to you so you could commence litigation over your complaint.
- Indemnification: You hereby warrant and agree to hold ColoredCoins harmless and to indemnify ColoredCoins for any damage, loss, expense, legal expense or cost incurred as a result of: (i) your posting of any Content in direct violation of these Terms and Conditions, including any false representation; and/or (ii) any claim, complaint or notification filed maliciously or negligently against any user where no such claim had any legal standing.